Siri is one of the important voice control systems on your Apple device which helps users in some other ways. Sometimes, Siri is also your digital assistant that understands relationships and remembers the context and gets smarter day by day.
In order to call someone, you just need to tell Siri to call your contact by speaking name of any person, and Siri will identify who you are referring to and what number she needs to dial. Moreover, you can emails and message someone in your family, colleagues, relatives, and friends. Whenever you want to send any messages or emails just tell Siri and enjoy services provided by them.
Underneath we provide some steps to communicate with Siri easily and use them for making calls, emails, and messages your contact. Well, these steps are simple and followed by anyone. But sometimes, these steps are more difficult to follow and much time-consuming. Though, if you follow the steps in the exact series as illustrated will save your time and efforts. The steps are discussed below.
Steps to Create Contact Relationships with Siri
Before telling Siri to call anyone in your contact list, Siri needs to make a relationship with your contact list and have to learn who these people are. For this, you would need to edit that data in the contacts app, but it is a very easier and faster way to tell Siri about your contact directly. Here how to do it:
- Long press the ‘Home Button’ or ‘Power Button.’
- Alternatively, for devices without a Home button, you just need to say ‘Hey Siri.’
- Now, you need to tell Siri about a relationship which you want to create with your Contact. For instances, say ‘Devin is my boss.’ Confirm that you tell the same name as it saved in your contact list.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ option or speak ‘Yes’ when Siri asks you to verify the relationship.
- After checking it, Siri will tell you that relationship has been added to your contact card.
Steps to Manually Add Relationship Data Via the Contacts App
Since Siri easily gets confused, the easier way just changes relationship data manually in the contacts app. Here how to do it:
- Click on the ‘Contacts’ app to start it.
- For it, just open the ‘Phone’ and then choose the ‘Contact’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Contact Card’ option located at the top of the menu.
- Press the ‘Edit’ tab appears in the upper right side of the screen.
- Scroll down the page and click on the ‘Add Related Name’ option.
- Click on the ‘Relationship Type’ option.
- After that, select ‘Relationship Type’ that you wish to use with Siri, or go for ‘Add Custom Label’ tab.
- Hit the ‘Information’ tab located next to the ‘Related Name’ option.
- Now, choose your ‘Contact,’ you want to share with Siri.
- Lastly, tap on ‘Done’ tab appears at the top right side of the screen.
Steps to Make a Call to Your Contact Using Siri
In order to make a call to your Contact with Siri, follow the below-mentioned steps in the correct sequence; Here how to do it:
- Long press the ‘Power’ button or ‘Home’ button to activate the Siri on your device. However, for iPhone X and above models, users need to say, ‘Hey Siri.’
- Then, tell a name to Siri who you want to call. For instances, ‘Call Dad’ or Call Lena’ from your iPhone using Siri.
- In case, if the user doesn’t state the number which you want to call and the contact list will show you the list of phone numbers related to them, then Siri will ask you on which number you want to call. Once you told them, automatically connected your call to that person and successfully build a relationship.
- When Siri gets the command from you, it will start the phone call right after.
Sam jhon is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography,malware, social engineering, internet and new media. he writes for Norton security products at mcafee.com/activate